Sunday, May 24, 2009

Card Fun


I've totally been in the card making/stamping mood lately...I blame enabling blogs like Jennifer McGuire, Angela and Becky(just to name a few, I could go on and on) and if my 'scrap' stash is any sign I could go on and on making cards and not buy supplies for years (where's the fun in that) since I've been on a supply shopping spree lately, I'm justifying it by combining old papers with new stamps or vice versa.

First up: a card for the weekly challenge on the Hero Arts Blog. Pattern look familiar? Sentiment looks like it's on a grocery bag? That's because they both are...this week's challenge was to recycle/repurpose something for the card, as I was putting away the bag I realized how cool the 'pineapple' print would be as a background for a card and since I was cutting up the bag I might as well use it for the sentiment and accent pieces, I think it turned out pretty cool.
Next a lift of a card Jennifer McGuire did awhile back,...go figure... mine didn't come out quite as cute as hers, but I still like it, the color combo makes me happy.
Lest you think I forgot my bellas, think again, although this card doesn't technically use a bella girl, the precious owlies are from stamping bella so that still counts.

Finally a card I did last weekend but never got around to posting...again using a die from the summer QK 'Re-Use' special edition set. This is the tree that sold me on the set, I didn't notice at first glance the number of teeny tiny leaves that made up the design, much smarter to use the relief(is that the right spelling for the leftover part?) I think the alpha is awfully 'metro' like, but I still like and think it will come in handy. I also used my score pal to add some decorative embossing...
see what I mean, new things with old supplies, I'm giving myself a billion brownie points to trade in for more new items at some point...heck I've got to find a way to justify it some how.

1 comment:

  1. rock on, girlie! you definitely deserve some new fun stuff. ;-) that owlie stamp is almost the cutest thing i've ever seen. :-D

    ReplyDelete