Sunday, November 15, 2009

where does the time go?

the last week seemed to vanish, I had great plans and blog posts written in my head of things to share but that's as far as I got.

Friday was an exciting day because this little layout was highlighted on the Studio Calico blog, snatched right out of the gallery along with a few others. It made me so happy to get the email and a little ashamed that it was shared with the 'world' before here with my loyal readers. But you get the extra special story behind it...Patterned Paper: Sassafrass, Cosmo Cricket
Mist: Tattered Angels (Yellow Daisy)
Alpha: Cosmo Cricket
Journal Spot: Sassafrass

Cardstock: Scenic Route (blue grid)

It all started with the tree shape and as you may know if you scrapped with me recently I'm a little obsessed with Glimmer Mists so I wanted to mist a tree shape on some cardstock to make a page, but not wanting to waste a piece of cardstock for the template I decided to use this piece of Sassafrass paper included in October's SC kit, which did not appeal to me at all, let's face it this paper in the wrong hands can go wrong. I couldn't find my sheet so Houston gave me hers. I cut the tree and misted the shape on cardstock but it just didn't quite work out the way I envisioned in my head (such things rarely do) so the little tree cut out hung around in my stash for a few weeks, it was too cute in a 'so ugly it's cute' way that I couldn't throw it away and once I printed these pics I was sure glad I didn't. I was perfect for these shots I took of S in a tree (don't worry moms not too high up and I was right there to ensure safety). Add a few Martha butterflies and a little mist and a happy page is done.

Here's another example of my mist obsession, this one totally inspired by Rhonda. I misted through plastic mesh and on some bubble wrap to make the kraft background and then lightly misted the cream background.

Patterned Paper: Sassafrass (hippos), Jenni Bowlin (Text)
Stickers: Pink Paislee (woodgrain scallop), WeR (flocked flowers)
Alphas: Sassafrass (Zoo), Jenni Bowlin (Crw), AC (E)
Mists: Tattered Angels (Turquoise, Key Lime)



And speaking of mists, yesterday I went to a crop in Ft. Collins and set next to the queen of mists Liz Hicks, seriously the queen aka the education coordinator for Tattered Angels. Oh My! Very Inspiring!! Can't wait to try out a few things I saw her do.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, that tree is fantastic c, cheers to you, love it! so happy you got to meet the queen of mist - all the TA girls and 'boy' are just good people. you'll have to get a tour of their warehouse someday. i really wish i could have just stayed there. there's a certain machine i was drooling over. i've been experimenting with the mists recently too, maybe not as good as you but at least it's a break from my fabric. miss you1

    ReplyDelete
  2. that 1 was meant to be a ! - i knew you knew that '!' - ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your style is incredible!!! LOVE it!

    have a fantastic week.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete