Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Quote

The only reason for being alive is being fully alive.

- D.H. Lawrence

This is another page I finished this weekend with new papers from SEI, I loved the purples, greens and aquas in this line, so invigorating...if a scrapbook paper can be invigorating.

As I've said before, I love that I have smart friends who come up with crazy challenges to stretch us all creatively. This week's journaler's challenge was to journal with a diamante poem. If you already know what this is and you're not part of the challenge then you're a few steps ahead of me. Thankfully the internet comes to the rescue again.

I broke a few of the rules...go figure...but I'm happy with the result

A special poem about Sienna.

SHE

happy, small

smiling, laughing, chatting

baby girl casts spells

walking, playing, amusing

energetic, magical

SPRITE

Supplies:

Patterned Paper: SEI Bridgeport

Cardstock: Bazzil

Alphas: Quickutz Diesel, Making Memories, American Crafts

Embellishments: SEI and American Crafts

4 comments:

  1. Cute, Cute, Cute, love the poem! I was playing with that line today and made a layout about my childhood, I love those papers now that the odor has worn off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i didn't know what a diamante poem was until i started looking. my 11 year old did, but i didn't.

    i think it's something they made up :)

    i love what you did with it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this lo! The colors speak to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't even put into words how much i love this page and poem. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete