Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Those who have known me for a long time, know I'm a first class procastinator. So it's no surprise that I put off doing my taxes until last night. For the past few years I've been paying, it looks like this year I'm getting a refund...thanks to the 'economic stimulus' money. I'm sure I'll end up paying taxes again in the near future so here's my wish list of things I would want my tax money to go.

1. Universal pre-k
2. Paying down/off international debt, I'm no economist but borrowing substanial funds from China seems like getting a payday advance from a loan shark
3. Health insurance for all children under 15, regardless of parent income levels
4. Fresh fruits and vegatables for families on assistance
5. Community capacity building grants for US communities that are still living in the 1800's(in the world's richest country it's hard to believe there are still places without running water and electricity in every house)
6. Research and tax breaks for alternative fuels
7. My little road plan from a previous post
8. More educational funds dedicated to alternative ed
9. Mentoring programs
10. Tax breaks for single middle class women who don't have kids or own a home

and why can't I claim Tanner as a dependent? He eats, goes to the doctor and day care occasionally?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with all of the above and would like to add that I fully believe that Tanner should qualify as a dependent. He depends on you for his well being and you provide for him. He counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a good woman. i'd vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all of those things sound totally reasonable to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete