Sunday, June 10, 2007

Called Out...

I was at my fab friend Rachel's house a few weeks ago and loved how she used a curtain rod to display scrapbook pages and other goodies. I loved it so much I went right out and bought one and hung it up in my ever-evolving studio. So Rachel in all her silliness called me out on her blog, asking for a quick pic. It was just the kick in the pants I needed to take the next step in studio decorating.

I spent part of the weekend staining and sealing two more sheets of wood to use as desks on the west side of the room. The one pictured is going to be a sewing table. It's so nice to be able to keep the sewing machine out. My other project for the weekend was covering a couple of cork boards. These were a garage sale super find, I picked both up for .25 each! Super bagain hunter that I am found the white fabric in the rement bin at JoAnn's. I'm still looking for a bookcase for this side of the room to put between the two work stations. I've found a couple that I like but they're over $100 bucks and I just can see spending that much for a simple bookcase. (Remember my post from last week --- about being silly with money). I've got to find the goodwill store on this side of town. I thought I found it last week and headed over on Saturday after work, but alas it was just a donation center.

Speaking of deals...Home Decor fabric was 50% off at JoAnn's today. I finally found some fabric I like to reover my living room cushions. It's the oh so wonderful fabric in the pic above. The strip is a satiny type of a fabric and the blue is a velvet. Talk about lush! I was really tempted to buy curtain fabric and fabric for my bedroom pillows and just buy other fabric that appealed to me --- but miracles of miracles I held back. Lesson for the day: Buy only what you have a current project for and at least start that project before buying more

1 comment:

  1. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - lovin' your version too!!! nothin' like the enabling eh! thanks for posting finally! hugs, rach

    ReplyDelete