Saturday, September 23, 2006

SNOW!



Yes snow --- September 23 and there was a light covering of snow here in Evergreen, welcome to Colorado high country. Although at 7500 feet it's really 'medium high'. While I was initially bummed to see the snow, within a couple of hours I was reminded of the wonderful difference between CO snow and AK snow --- IT MELTS. Yes I know all snow melts at some point but here it melts the same day or some time in the next couple of days. In Alaska...it melts in May.

Fall colors are at their peak and I am hoping to get out and enjoy them in the really high country sometime in the next couple of days.

It's been a busy couple of days...On Thursday I rented a U-Haul and picked up my stuff from the shipping dock and moved it into storage. After three weeks I forgot how much stuff I had, it was really tempting to bring it all home, but there is just not enough space. So instead I tried to arrange it so I could get to it easily and every time I was tempted to go shopping for scrapbook supplies or clothes I would 'shop' in the storage unit first. Yeah right, we'll see how long that lasts, although my savings for jobless living is just about gone and no job in site so that may help me stick to my savings plan a bit better.

Speaking of no jobs, I did have an interview yesterday for an Asst. Manager at an Archiver's store in the area. While it was significantly less pay than previous positions I was/am willing to take a pay cut to get my foot in the door. I thought it was a great interview, in fact I know it was. Sadly at the end of the interview the manager admitted that they had already started the hiring process with another candidate and would I maybe be interested in a part time supervisor position. I was soooooooooo bummed and I think she may have been to that she jumped the gun just a bit. So we'll see on that note.

Also yesterday... our darling baby Kinley, went in for his 'boy' dog surgery yesterday. Poor thing was really drugged up when we picked him up yesterday. He's back to himself and ready to play today, but he's really not allowed to play at full speed for two weeks, I don't know how we're ever going to keep him calm.


I was able to finish a quick scrapping project yesterday. While it's definitely not perfect, I am reasonably happy with the end result and know what to do different next time. I saw a composition book turned into a purse at Archiver's and decided to try it myself.

This project involves major power tools and my first time using a miter saw. After the initial fear of cutting my hand wore off, it was actually kind of fun. I struggled with getting the right angles and completely destroyed one book trying to get it right. This was my second attempt and it worked much better. So now I have a cute little notebook for my purse.

**** Affirmation Time ****

(yes I am typing these out each time -- no cutting and pasting here)

1. I am a channel for God's creativity, and my work comes to good.

2. My dreams come from God and God has the power to accomplish them.

3. As I create and listen, I will be led.

4. Creativity is the creator's will for me.

5. My creativity heals myself and others.

6. I am allowed to nurture my artist

7. Through the use of a few simple tools, my creativity will flourish

8. My creativity always leads me to truth and love

9. My creativity leads me to forgiveness and self-forgiveness

10. There is a divine plan of goodness for me

11. There is a divine plan of goodness for my work

12. As I listen to the creator within I am led

13. As I listen to my creativity I am led to my creator

14. I am willing to create

16. I am willing to let myself learn to create

17. I am willing to let God create through me

18. I am willing to be of service through my creativity

19. I am willing to experience my creative energy

20. I am willing to use my creative talents.

Next post...The rules of the road: Remember that it is my job to create the work, NOT judge the work and more from The Artist's Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment