Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The List Part 1

This week's challenge is to list 20 things that you enjoy doing and note the last time you did these things. Funny, I used to do this as part of my 'Avoiding Burnout' workshop, but don't think I've ever done it for myself. I used to say if you can't come up with 20 you're in danger. At this point I know I'm deeply burned and it will be a struggle to personally get to 20, but here goes...no particular order

1. Go Dancing.................................. September 05
2. Take dogs to dog park.................. August 06
3. Bake cookies.................................December 05
4. Read a cheesy romance................ Last Week
5. Visit used book store..................... Last month
6. Have coffee w/friends.................. Last month
7. Agility class w/dog........................ 18 months
8. Swim ........................................... ???
9. Scrapbook.................................... Yesterday
10. Paint........................................... ???
11. Horseback riding......................... 3 years
12. See a movie................................. July 06
13. Scenic drives............................... Sunday
14. Go to a pro-sporting event............ ???
15. Get a mani/petti.......................... 2 months
16. Knit............................................. Sunday
17. Lift weights.................................. Too long
18. Take a bubble bath...................... 6 months
19. Go to a concert ............................ 4 years
20.

Seems silly that I can't come up with one more thing, but the last 10 or so were really a stretch so I'll leave the last one and let something come to me. The next part of the challenge is to pick 2 to do in the next week. The easy way out would be to pick scrapbooking and knitting since I know those will happen and don't depend on a car or someone else. I think I'll also add bubble bath to the list for this week. Definitely doable. Some of the things on this list I wonder if I'll ever do again.

aha......

20. Ice Skate..........................10 min last winter
{How could I forget, I love to skate. Unfortunately make excess weight makes it really painful to skate right now. One more motivation to lose weight. I really need to write down those motivations at some point, maybe tattoo them to my hand so when I am tempted to pound down jelly beans or Cheetos I'll remember.}

I don't know why I say I might never do things again, it must be the depression talking. I just can't see myself swimming or riding a horse or even dancing right now. So I'll need to find joy in the things I can do.

****Affirmation Time****

  1. Show up at the page. Use the page to rest, to dream, to try. Will make a CK HOF journal by the end of the week to start noting ideas for entry.
  2. Fill the well by caring for my artist.
  3. Set small goals and meet them. One project per day. One submission per week. Yesterday I finished the last of my CKU projects and started a new mini album w/Imagination Project goodies
  4. Remember that it is far harder and more painful to be a blockeed artist than it is to do the work.
  5. Choose companions who encourage me to do the work.
  6. Remember that it is my job to do the work, not judge the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment