Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy Monday

Weekend Good Things...


The Broncos won in a definitive fashion, finally scoring a touch down after what seemed an eternity. I've been a Broncos fan for as long as I can remember and it's so nice to be back among the faithful. This season has been off to a rocky start so it was refreshing to see the Broncos knock out the Pats 17-7. Can you say DEFENSE? This years 'D' is fricken awesome. The 4Q last night was the first time they allowed a touch down all season, 11 quarters, the last time a team did that was 1942. Sadly my favorite player on D the great and mighty Al
Wilson was hurt last night so he didn't see as much action as normal the rest of the crew totally stepped up. And for the first time this season the O came to play, a refreshing change from the first two games.
Go Broncos!
My college team the 'once mighty' CU Buffs almost beat Georgia on Saturday. Why is a loss a good thing? well it's the closet we've been to a win all season and Ga. was ranked 9th so maybe new coach Dan Hawkins and the crew have it figured out as we go into the Big 12 season. Maybe...
We took a scenic drive into the high country yesterday hoping to catch the Aspens in their full glory, but we were too late. Most at the higher elevations lost their leaves already, probably in last week's storm. The trees at mid level are just starting to change. Nothing made me say stop the car I want to take a pic, but I'm not yet totally comfortable with my sister and BIL on these kind of trips. If I were by myself I probably would have taken several. Hopefully my car will get here this week and I can go back out. On our drive we visited the famous 'South Park' really known as Fairplay, Co. No Cartman or Kenny sightings sorry.
Sadly we took too long on our drive and the roast my sister had in the oven burned and shrunk to the size of a nice T-Bone by the time we finally got home, an hour later than planned. I felt bad for her as it's the one thing she feels confident to cook and she was so sad. On a sweet note my BIL said he would eat it anyway. How's that for love or guilt, either way pretty sweet. No one ended up eating the roast, I made burgers instead.
In my last post I mentioned the rules of the road for artists...again from the Artist's Way. There are a few interesting thoughts that go along with the daily affirmations. I've been trying to focus on a few of my favorites.
1. Show up at the page. Use the page to rest, to dream, to try. I think I have become a little more successful at this and trying to do something 'creative' each day. Both days this weekend the dogs woke me up early and I used the time to organize my tools and just play with a few new things.
2. Set small and gentle goals and meet them. I have set the goal of submitting at least one thing to a call per week and spending at least 30 minutes/day working on my stuff.
3.Remember that it is far harder and more painful to be a blocked artist than it is to do the work. I want to say Amen to this, but I also know that I can easily fall into this trap and know how depressed I get when I stop. All motivation to try just gets zapped away.
4. Choose companions who encourage me to do the work...Thanks Charlene and 2 peas ladies
5. Remember that it is my job to do the work NOT judge the work. This is one of the toughies for me I'm such a critic of my own work. It's sort of sad in a way of all I should be the one that believes in it the most, but no matter how many times I hear praise I just don't believe it.
Funny I'm more comfortable with 'rules' than with affirmations. My Diversity prof would say that's my strong Germanic roots coming through. Oh well, off to create more...

No comments:

Post a Comment