Sunday, July 19, 2009

Where oh where did my slick writer go?

Yay, I don't think there is a better feeling to finish with a project that has been in the works for a prolonged period of time. I started this little layout before my trip to Ak. I think I could have played it safe and mounted it on kraft or natural smooth and be done before I went to AK, but I really wanted to challenge myself to use a color background. Unfortunately the photos don't quite do it justice, so you may be saying 'she should have stuck with the kraft'...irl the cardstock is hot pink, super fun for summer.

This photo cracks me up, this is what Sienna's hair looks like post nap/pebbles styling when she manages to get the barrette or elastic out of her hair. I would journal all about it, if I could find my slick writer, off to buy a new one today, which is pretty much a guarantee I'll find my old one tomorrow. I have a couple of other 'favorite things' about this layout. First the butterfly, I used a spellbinder die to cut the butterfly and then dipped it in misted distress inks...want to do it yourself? Check out Jen McQuire's how-to video...careful it's addicting. Then I added glitter and sealed with super seal so the glitter would stay put. A little bling and some wire (salvaged from a bind it all project that went wrong) and this cutie comes to life. And just to show you how the ticket obsession is coming along, I layered the butterfly on top of a new SEI ticket that's glued to a Collage Press die cut ticket (it's a sickness, I tell you)


Speaking of things I can't get enough of...there's a Jenni Bowlin button in butterfly land, but was that enough...heck no! I cut three in half and used them along with small buttons to make a scallop border along the photo. Love how it turned out, no doubt this technique will show up on another layout at some point.


Supplies:
Patterned Paper: OA (stripe and polka dot), Studio Calico (Newsprint)
Embellies: Heidi Grace(pink journal square), SEI (bus ticket), Collage Press(blue ticket), Jenni Bowlin (buttons), AC (ribbon), Fancy Pants (colored buttons), Spellbinder(butterfly die cut), Kaiser (pink bling)

Hope your weekend was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment