Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

I'm on vegetable duty this Thanksgiving...peeling and chopping carrots was the perfect time for reflection of all the things I am thankful for...
  • Having so many blessings that between the time I chopped and sat down to blog I can't remember them all
  • My family...near, far and extended.
  • My friends...local, distant/virtual and a few imaginary ones too
  • I have not one, but two jobs that allow me to have intellectual and creative freedom and make a difference in the lives of others. And for the boss of the one that pays the bills who wonders why I'm still at work on Friday at 3:30
  • My spiritual gifts of sarcasm, creativity and the innate ability to cut through BS
  • Nephews and a niece that remind me how precious every step of childhood is
  • A dog that sits faithfully and quietly be my side when the tears come and greets each day with a contagious energy that gets me going
  • My health, such as it is and that it's not worse
  • Celebrating this day with the extended family
  • For the people who have opened shared this day with my when I didn't have family to celebrate with and for those who continue the tradition of inviting those who have no where else to go

4 comments:

  1. Happy Holiday Season! Thanks for braving hte outlets with me on Saturday! You are someone I a truly thankful to have in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular list.
    You are a gem!
    B-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you and best wishes for a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete