Monday, November 03, 2008

Crafty Goodness...

One thing is for sure, if the Broncos continue their 'non-winning' ways I'll have lots of extra time to work on my paper crafts.

This weekend was very productive, after demo-ing four different cards(yep four cards) for the frenzy I set to work on some personal projects today.

First up, my sketch for the store blog, I didn't waste any time putting the pics of Sienna in her pumpkin hat on a layout. This one takes me back to my color blocking days. At least I'm not afraid of patterned paper any more. (and really who would be afraid of these happy trees?)


Then it was time to play with my new bellas, I brought Glideabella(how could I resist a skater girl) and Snowbunnybella home with me on Saturday along with some new Copic colors that finally made their way back to the store.

I needed a little inspiration to get going so I started with a lift of a card I found at SCS. You can see the original here. This one had me digging into my scrap stash and finding some BG from Xmas last year and some Wild Asparagus polka dots from long ago. I used the 'Curls' goosebumpz from Quickutz on the top panel. You can't really tell from the scan, her collar, cuffs and skates have glitter on them.

Then I was off and running on my own. I love this aqua snowflake paper from SEI's Glitzmas line so I was determined to color the bella with complimentary colors. I love the way Copics blend and shade. For this one I used flock for a furry collar and cuffs.
But wait there's one more...I finally got my hands on some Versadazzle ink (my fav new product from CHA this summer, YAY!) so I stamped the CHF geometric flower on the red with the champagne versadazzle, it ends up with a subtle gold glitter. Then I stamped 'Snow Bunny' on kraft and on the red AC Damask paper(love this paper!) Then, just like I used to do with my Barbies the Bella got dressed in her smashing coat. Again flock for the hood and cuffs. A little Cosmo Cricket journal spot and the card is done. Hope your week is off to a great start...



4 comments:

  1. GULP! oh my goodness, these are all fantastic. you sure did have a creative day, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reiterating how much I love these... I think they've already sold some product! And, btw, I requested Versadazzle from Rogers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a little bit jealous that you can make cards and layout. but just a little bit :) these are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, just beautiful!
    It was great to see you today!

    ReplyDelete