Thursday, October 05, 2006

Today Is A New Day...

If you were totally depressed by yesterday's post, don't worry today is a much happier post.

1. I have leads on a couple of temp jobs so back to work I go, I'm so relieved to have some money coming in. My list of things to buy when I get a job keeps growing.

Today's addition to the list tickets to the Who concert in Novemeber. Yes I am a classic rock chick. But to be honest, as great as the Who is, I am even more excited about the opening act...The Pretenders. I sooooo wanted to be Chrissy Hynde when I was young, she is just the coolest ever.

2. "A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind". After you get past the burst of anger and grief in Chapter 3 of the The Artist Way there was a very encouraging passage about serendipity. So I need to get prepared...

I have been seriously thinking about the CK Hall of Fame contest. The assignments are very tough this year. The thought of serendipity applies directly to the first assignment. Develop an innovative technique. Tough because it seems like everything has been done, I had a great idea and then read this month's magazine and sure enough my idea was in there so now I need to come up with something else. Plus I don't consider my self a particularly innovative person so I was discouraged by this assignment. But....I'm not going to use it as an excuse to quit (at least not yet,) the deadline isn't until Feb. so there's still plenty of time to come up with something.

Ao to prepare I started a special notebook yesterday, hopefully I'll finish it today and post tom.

The positive thought for today "Action has magic, grace and power in it"

No comments:

Post a Comment