Saturday, January 31, 2009

A couple of cards

It's early Saturday morning and I'm on a mission to get several of the crafty projects I finished recently, posted. I don't know why downloading and cropping the photos has seemed like a monumental task the past week, then again everything seemed a little more difficult this week.

This first card I like to call 'Ode to Inky Button'. I worked a class that the fabulous Angela taught last week on two of my favorite things, Bellas and Copics. She was kind enough to stamp a couple of images of girls I don't have so I could play with them at home. I set out to make an Angela-esque card with Cupcakeabella. While mine is not nearly as cute as hers, I think I worked in most of the Inky Button trademarks. Let's see...Bella? Check!, Ticket edges? Check! Bling? Check! Copic layering? Check! Embossing Folder? Check! Black Ribbon? Check although for true IB style it should be wider. Glassy Accents? Check!




Supplies:
Stamp: Cupcakeabella
Cardstock: Hammermill(White) Prism (Green) Bazzil (Pink)
Bling: Kaiser Craft
Other: Cuttlebug Embossing folders, QK scallop circle

This second card has quickly become one of my all time favorites. I designed it for the January Frenzy at the store, but of course forgot to post it here...or did I post, hmm I guess I should have checked before I started this post. C'est la vie.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned Paper: 'tres old' Tres Jolie, MME
Ribbon: AC
Other: QK Thank You Goosebumpz, Tim Holtz ruler
--- I love, love, love this ruler... so I went to find a picture of this ruler in case you wanted to run out and get one and you needed a picture and found something even better...because I know how much we all love Tim, how about a demo from Tim himself.



Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment