Saturday, May 26, 2007

Something New...

ok so a scrapbook page is nothing new...I know, but...this one is SPECIAL! I created the whole thing digitally --- no paper, printed pics, rub-ons, nada. Digi-scrappbooking has taken the field by storm in the past couple of years. Just as in the traditional world, the supplies and products get better every day. I think I have above average tech and problem solving skills so you would think that this would be a slam dunk but no...I have attempted to make digi-pages before and given up after just a little frustration. Yesterday I was adament that I would be successful. And I was, it's not the greatest, but I don't think it's too bad either. And of course when I really applied myself and read some tutorials carefully it was easy. Seems like that is the story of my life. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND APPLY YOURSELF! If only it could be that simple. There is also a funny story behind this layout...the journaling is from Tanner's point of view. My imaginary friends Heather and Emily hold a weekly journaling challenge on their blog and of course this was the challenge to use someone else's voice. I thought it would be fun to use Tanner and his thoughts about Cesar Milan. I try really hard to be the pack leader and it is much easier with one dog, but I'm not sure that Tanner necessarily appreciates my hard work.

Happy Memorial weekend! It's going to be a beautiful day in 'colorful' Colorado. Tanner and I hit the dog park last night and it was packed with people and dogs --- the res was already filling up with boats. I'm going to work a couple of shifts at Mary Kay's fab scrap store, it's great to have a discount and be earning money to pay for my habit and maybe put a little away for bigger things.

No comments:

Post a Comment