Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Great American Movie

Tivo has figured out that I really like old movies, especially musicals and romantic comedies. If it has Gene Kelly or Audrey Hepburn, I'm a happy girl. I've been watching quite a few lately and bemoaning, if only to myself, that they just don't make movies like that any more.

Movies where everything comes together...acting, directing, music, camera work turn out something truly special. Captivated. One you could watch over and over again and see something new each time and yet be engrossed in 'the scene' that all great movies have. Something no matter how old or young you can connect to...one that makes you laugh and cry and if really great, makes you think.

I have such high expectations of movies, I rarely go to the theatre to watch...knowing they'll fail in comparison to the classics I love so much. But this weekend was different, a movie with a story line we all know and have been waiting for endings and conclusion. Yes ladies --- Sex and the City hit the big screen and it didn't disappoint. I'm not sure if it will go down as a classic, but I know it will always have a place in my heart. And while I would love to dish about specific scenes and ideas, I don't want to spoil it for anyone. So for now I'll keep my mouth shut and say ... it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment