Sunday, September 23, 2007

Vegas 1


Okay so these guys weren't there...shocking! I think Ocean's 11 is one of my favorite movies. Yes, I know totally implausible which was hammered home while I was in Vegas. Still it is immensely entertaining, so it should be no surprise that I headed off for the Bellagio after checking into my hotel. We stayed at the Stratosphere, much nicer than some of the reviews I read, for $53 bucks a night you can't beat it. The only problem is that it is on the way North end of the strip. I spent a lot of time on the monorail going back and forth. So off I go, the independent explorer as Mary Kay didn't arrive until the next day. I was a girl on a mission! Recreate the ending of the movie for myself. And I was not disappointed...I arrived at the front of the Bellagio just as the sun was setting. Unlike the movie I was one in about a thousand people watching, but I still got a great photo spot. Too bad my camera is really night photo challenged. As you stand there you can see the mechanisms start to rise out of the water and before you know it the music has begun and the mist is rolling off the 'lake'. You can feel the cool air and slight mist on your face --- so refreshing for Vegas.


There is something so mystical about water...soothing and energizing at the same moment. From the misty start the fountains burst out of the water, you can't help but be mesmerized by the movement.


5 minutes later, just as it began the fountains sink into the water and the lake is still again. This was definitely one of the highlights of the trip, I dragged MK back after a long day at the show on Monday night just to see it again.

1 comment: